So what else is new?
Dirk
2007-07-14 10:48:10 UTC
Everything about this game was so predictable:
1. Dickhead proved himslef again to be a nightmare - and he'll ref the
WC???
2. The ABs were frustratingly inept for 65 minutes - 4X the handling
errors of the BBs. A pattern is emerging. Is it nerves? Tactical
errors? Too long passes? When they played it close they were awesome.
3. The AB backs are incisive, run through holes and use their ball
well - until an error. their support play is brilliant.
Congratulations on the 27 point victory, NZ.
4. The BBs as usual played with passion, guts and comittment - but
their backline is as devoid of ideas and flair as a mechanised set of
robots - reflecting again the backline coach's inadequacies.
5. the BBs again had a player sin-binned. So what else is new? They
don't learn. Are they the dumbest side in the world? Yes, probably.
With the dumbest coaches in the world, too.
6. The Bok A-team wouldn't have done much better - their backline is
just as devoid of flair - so it would have been 10 points instead of
27 - but it is basically the same team with Burger, Matfield and
Habana giving them a little more push - but nothing makes up for the
lack of use of good ball - and the A and B teams have the same
shortcomings
7. So nothing has changed pre-WC: ABs shaky despite their overwhelming
talent and superiority - they should have put 50+ points on this Bok
team and they know it. Aus will push them. Count on it. BBs bereft of
a 10 year old's nous and creativity.
8. WC final will NOT be SA-NZ, but unless NZ get a good shrink, the
cupboard will be bare for another 4 years. They weren't tired this
time, just poor in finishing a very average side before 65 minutes.
Why? You AB pundits can figure it out.
At least NZ have the wherewithal to win, the Boks don't. So consign
the bets for WC to NZ or Aus and forget the rest. Doesn't matter if
it;s Bok A, B, C or D team - pattern is the same. Not enough behind #9
to win anything meaningful. And 2007 is it - afterwards we have colour
restrictions and a new name and the entire Bok A team will be learning
French.
If we Bok fans absorb this reality, we will not go into the WC
expecting to get beyond the quarters. Such is life.
The interest in the Wc will be focussed 100% on the greatest side in
the world - to see if they can crack the hoodoo - if justice prevails,
they will win at a canter - but haven't shown signs of this.
They remind me of a Federer who keeps serving double faults for the
first 3 sets or a Michael Jordan who gets fouled out of the game with
the scores even..........so the only interest in the WC will be Can
the ABs beat themselves? Nobody else has the talent or skills to do it
to them, but they have a nasty suicidal ideation that must be driving
the Boyds insane..........
I feel for you and yours, Boyd, and hope that the Suzies and demons
stay away in September/october for your team to re-claim their
rightful place of the natural order of rugby in the universe. But
don't count on it.
Mark (newsgroups)
2007-07-14 11:04:19 UTC
Post by Dirk
[...]
I enjoyed this post, and very accurate. The All Blacks are their own
worst enemies, and it just shows how shocking inept the springboks were
that the poorest I've ever seen the ABs play still produced a 33 - 6 win
for them. This was truly a horrible game of rugby.

After a bit of a spark in 2004, SA rugby is back to heading down the
path it's been on for years. The politicians are looming close, and like
Dirk says, the Springboks may be no more in a year or so, but lets be
honest, does it really matter if this is the best they can do? The "A"
side has done nothing obviously better than this so called B side except
perhaps better scrambling defence from Schalk Burger saving a try or two
a game and Habana's moments of brilliance. Other than that, we're the
stupidest rugby playing nation on earth. Would someone explain to our
players that when the opposition gifts you with so many unforced
turnovers from knockons that your instinct should be to spread the ball
to exploit the space immediately, not head for the nearest forward to
set up the ruck so you can kick it away again.

One word to describe springbok rugby: DUMB!
JohnO
2007-07-14 11:20:06 UTC
Post by Mark (newsgroups)
Post by Dirk
[...]
One word to describe springbok rugby: DUMB!- Hide quoted text -
I don't know why you guys are so surprised nor why you are so
downbeat. I never expected any more attack from the BB's than what we
saw. Their defemce was dogged and they showed a lot of ticker to keep
the AB's from running up a cricket score.

The AB's dropped a lot of pill, but they seem to have improved a
fraction from the last game. Plenty of time between now and the RWC to
practice the handling drills.
JohnO
2007-07-14 11:21:51 UTC
Post by JohnO
Post by Mark (newsgroups)
Post by Dirk
[...]
practice the handling drills.- Hide quoted text -
Oh, and Rubix was a complete waste of space. Not sure why he was
started but I think he'll be consigned to carrying on the oranges at
half time from now on.
Peter Ashford
2007-07-14 12:00:45 UTC
Post by JohnO
Post by JohnO
Post by Mark (newsgroups)
Post by Dirk
[...]
One one time he *did* suddenly appear before the camera, it was only
to knock-on and break down a promising attacking movement.
Osbourne Ruddock
2007-07-14 12:07:50 UTC
Post by Peter Ashford
Post by JohnO
Oh, and Rubix was a complete waste of space. Not sure why he was
started but I think he'll be consigned to carrying on the oranges at
half time from now on.
One one time he *did* suddenly appear before the camera, it was only
to knock-on and break down a promising attacking movement.
Fuck off, he had a huge break at one stage. I know because I saw him.

No 6.5 right?
Cheers, Os
Chris Parslow
2007-07-14 12:11:31 UTC
Post by Peter Ashford
Post by JohnO
Oh, and Rubix was a complete waste of space. Not sure why he was
started but I think he'll be consigned to carrying on the oranges at
half time from now on.
One one time he *did* suddenly appear before the camera, it was only
to knock-on and break down a promising attacking movement.
LOL Said similar to my son.

"Look - Thorne just flashed into visibility only to fuck up."

CP
Mark (newsgroups)
2007-07-14 11:30:14 UTC
Post by JohnO
I don't know why you guys are so surprised nor why you are so
downbeat. I never expected any more attack from the BB's than what we
saw.
Because somehow in the Super 14 when playing against the same
international players some of our sides manage to produce some decent
rugby. Heck even the real BBs score constructed backline tries on
occassion.

The lack of backline attack is just a manifestation of the real problem,
a complete lack of intelligence.
BrritSki
2007-07-14 12:26:38 UTC
Post by Dirk
1. Dickhead proved himslef again to be a nightmare - and he'll ref the
WC???
Agreed - how was what the SAffer did for the yellow any different from
what Richie got pinged for a few minutes later with NO yellow ?
Post by Dirk
2. The ABs were frustratingly inept for 65 minutes - 4X the handling
errors of the BBs. A pattern is emerging. Is it nerves? Tactical
errors? Too long passes? When they played it close they were awesome.
They were so bad that I can only assume they were told to play like
this. Then the final hooter went and we could see what they could really
do. I think they're playing silly buggers...
Master Google
2007-07-14 14:29:52 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Post by Dirk
1. Dickhead proved himslef again to be a nightmare - and he'll ref the
WC???
Agreed - how was what the SAffer did for the yellow any different from
what Richie got pinged for a few minutes later with NO yellow ?
Your cup of tea is that way --->
Post by BrritSki
Post by Dirk
2. The ABs were frustratingly inept for 65 minutes - 4X the handling
errors of the BBs. A pattern is emerging. Is it nerves? Tactical
errors? Too long passes? When they played it close they were awesome.
They were so bad that I can only assume they were told to play like this.
Then the final hooter went and we could see what they could really do. I
think they're playing silly buggers...
You think? Amazing how the poms are so openly critical of the All Blacks
when their own team is the epitomy soft and inept. Amazing.
BrritSki
2007-07-14 16:12:49 UTC
Post by Master Google
Post by BrritSki
Post by Dirk
1. Dickhead proved himslef again to be a nightmare - and he'll ref the
WC???
Agreed - how was what the SAffer did for the yellow any different from
what Richie got pinged for a few minutes later with NO yellow ?
Your cup of tea is that way --->
How droll.
Post by Master Google
Post by BrritSki
Post by Dirk
2. The ABs were frustratingly inept for 65 minutes - 4X the handling
errors of the BBs. A pattern is emerging. Is it nerves? Tactical
errors? Too long passes? When they played it close they were awesome.
They were so bad that I can only assume they were told to play like this.
Then the final hooter went and we could see what they could really do. I
think they're playing silly buggers...
You think? Amazing how the poms are so openly critical of the All Blacks
when their own team is the epitomy soft and inept. Amazing.
I'd be the first to admit that our team is very poor at the moment.

If you think about what I said though, I think the ABs ae capable of
much better than they showed today as proved by the passage of play
after the hooter.
I can only think it's a ploy to confuse their opponents.
Master Google
2007-07-14 16:21:30 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Post by Master Google
Post by BrritSki
Post by Dirk
1. Dickhead proved himslef again to be a nightmare - and he'll ref the
WC???
Agreed - how was what the SAffer did for the yellow any different from
what Richie got pinged for a few minutes later with NO yellow ?
Your cup of tea is that way --->
How droll.
I believe the term you are looking for it troll.
Post by BrritSki
Yes, you would be the first.
BrritSki
Interesting how you snip the substance of my post. Loser.
Master Google
2007-07-15 08:17:05 UTC
Interesting how you snip Loser post.
umm... yeah.

JohnO
2007-07-14 20:19:55 UTC
Post by BrritSki
Post by Dirk
1. Dickhead proved himslef again to be a nightmare - and he'll ref the
WC???
Agreed - how was what the SAffer did for the yellow any different from
what Richie got pinged for a few minutes later with NO yellow ?
I may be wrong here, but was the binnable offence in the 'red zone'?
Wish I felt this was true.
BrritSki
2007-07-15 08:05:01 UTC
Post by JohnO
Post by BrritSki
Post by Dirk
1. Dickhead proved himslef again to be a nightmare - and he'll ref the
WC???
Agreed - how was what the SAffer did for the yellow any different from
what Richie got pinged for a few minutes later with NO yellow ?
I may be wrong here, but was the binnable offence in the 'red zone'?
The SA one was definitely and so understandable, although I thought it
was very 50-50 as to whether it was failing to release or hands in ruck.
Not sure where the Richie offence was, outside the 22 I think.
It's your only hope :)
Brad Anton
2007-07-14 13:41:48 UTC
"Dirk" <***@aol.com> wrote in message news:***@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...

<long-winded diatribe snipped>

Well done All Blacks, thrashed the Springboks 33-6, they couldn't even
contrive a single try.
Brad
Spizz
2007-07-14 13:58:47 UTC
Post by Brad Anton
<long-winded diatribe snipped>
Well done All Blacks, thrashed the Springboks 33-6, they couldn't even
contrive a single try.
Brad
You should try reading the 'diatribe' next time. You've just agreed with
him.

Spizz
Master Google
2007-07-14 14:31:11 UTC
Post by Spizz
Post by Brad Anton
<long-winded diatribe snipped>
Well done All Blacks, thrashed the Springboks 33-6, they couldn't even
contrive a single try.
Brad
You should try reading the 'diatribe' next time. You've just agreed with
him.
That's relative.
Post by Spizz
Spizz
Oh it's Spizz, a Scottish blow-in, please retract my earlier comments, I
shouldn't have bothered!!
Spizz
2007-07-14 15:14:46 UTC
Post by Master Google
Post by Spizz
Spizz
Oh it's Spizz, a Scottish blow-in, please retract my earlier comments, I
shouldn't have bothered!!
Don't kid yourself big guy, your head is so far up your arse you just can't
help replying. Anyway, blow-in? I know this is as close to real life as you
can get due to your lack of friends and social skills, but I've been
reading and occasionally posting to this board for a good few years now. You
wouldn't have noticed, I generally talk about rugby.

Spizz
Master Google
2007-07-14 16:13:35 UTC
Post by Spizz
Post by Master Google
Post by Spizz
Spizz
Oh it's Spizz, a Scottish blow-in, please retract my earlier comments, I
shouldn't have bothered!!
Don't kid yourself big guy, your head is so far up your arse you just
can't help replying. Anyway, blow-in? I know this is as close to real life
as you can get due to your lack of friends and social skills, but I've
been reading and occasionally posting to this board for a good few years
now. You wouldn't have noticed, I generally talk about rugby.
Spizz
Oh, if you only knew the truth.

I'm not here to make friends. A freind of mine has a shirt - "Fuck you, I
have enough friends" ... he was recently stopped at customs for it, and
after laughing at them for about 10mins he was free to go. Unfortunatly it's
no longer purchasable, if it were I'd by 10 of them, coz I like it!

I'm only in here for entertainment, and to keep try-hards like yourself on a
level playing field.

As for social skills, this is the internet and challenging social skills
on-the-internet is the biggest laugh ever, ever! You must be new, to the
internet. I welcome, you. As Homer once said - "Welcome to the internet my
friend, how can I help you..."

I got to you, that's why I am here, eat it, softcock. I'll be here all week,
thanks for coming and all that you dirty piss-cock-blow-in-scott.
Spizz
2007-07-14 16:52:01 UTC
Post by Master Google
Post by Spizz
Post by Master Google
Post by Master Google
friend, how can I help you..."
I got to you, that's why I am here, eat it, softcock. I'll be here all
week, thanks for coming and all that you dirty piss-cock-blow-in-scott.
LOL. You really are a prick. Have a nice life, noob.

Spizz
Master Google
2007-07-14 18:40:57 UTC
Post by Spizz
LOL. You really are a prick. Have a nice life, noob.
Are you going to plonk me? Is that your dummy flying over-head? You're a fkn
two faced wannabe. Come back when you have an identity you Scottish git!!
Spizz
2007-07-14 19:07:40 UTC
Post by Master Google
Post by Spizz
LOL. You really are a prick. Have a nice life, noob.
Are you going to plonk me? Is that your dummy flying over-head? You're a
fkn two faced wannabe. Come back when you have an identity you Scottish
git!!
Aww, come on Miniscule Genitals, don't be like that. Why would I plonk you?
I enjoy setting you up for everyone else to laugh at.

Spizz
Master Google
2007-07-14 19:21:31 UTC
Post by Spizz
Post by Master Google
Post by Spizz
LOL. You really are a prick. Have a nice life, noob.
Are you going to plonk me? Is that your dummy flying over-head? You're a
fkn two faced wannabe. Come back when you have an identity you Scottish
git!!
Aww, come on Miniscule Genitals, don't be like that. Why would I plonk
you? I enjoy setting you up for everyone else to laugh at.
ROFL!! "everyone else" ... see this is where you FAIL, you have
online-friends, I don't.

Thanks for coming, and all that. Loser, go suck a kilt wearing buffalo, or
something.
Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......
time for steak!
Uncle Dave
2007-07-14 17:34:53 UTC
Post by Master Google
As for social skills, this is the internet and challenging social skills
on-the-internet is the biggest laugh ever, ever!
You thinking of giving it a try sometime then?

UD
Master Google
2007-07-14 18:45:18 UTC
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Master Google
As for social skills, this is the internet and challenging social skills
on-the-internet is the biggest laugh ever, ever!
You thinking of giving it a try sometime then?
I had a good night, sunk a lot of piss and had a 500Gm New Yorker in a South
African restaurant with a $100 of South Afrian Pinot and a few mates. So I
MEH to you.

PS: You know a good steak when you burp 8 hours later and think yum!
Uncle Dave
2007-07-14 19:13:28 UTC
Post by Master Google
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Master Google
As for social skills, this is the internet and challenging social skills
on-the-internet is the biggest laugh ever, ever!
You thinking of giving it a try sometime then?
I had a good night, sunk a lot of piss and had a 500Gm New Yorker in a South
African restaurant with a $100 of South Afrian Pinot and a few mates. So I
MEH to you.
Gosh, you're obviously somebody special...

UD
Master Google
2007-07-14 19:23:03 UTC
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Master Google
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Master Google
As for social skills, this is the internet and challenging social skills
on-the-internet is the biggest laugh ever, ever!
You thinking of giving it a try sometime then?
I had a good night, sunk a lot of piss and had a 500Gm New Yorker in a South
African restaurant with a $100 of South Afrian Pinot and a few mates. So I
MEH to you.
Gosh, you're obviously somebody special...
I am special, but so are you, Dave. It's just that I tell-it-how-it-is and
you tell-it-how-it-COULD-be.
Dave Keegan

Keegan...
Master Google
2007-07-14 18:46:59 UTC
Post by Dave Keegan
Ouch, mg owned...
Keegan...
Biggest laugh of the week, fuck you're a sad shit.

G'Night.
Dave Keegan
2007-07-14 22:15:19 UTC
Post by Master Google
Post by Dave Keegan
Ouch, mg owned...
Keegan...
Biggest laugh of the week, fuck you're a sad shit.
G'Night.
Ouch, mg angry that he's owned...

Keegan...
Master Google
Ah no, not quite. The only Spizz owns is a kilt.
Dave Keegan
2007-07-15 04:07:29 UTC
Post by Master Google
Post by Dave Keegan
Post by Master Google
Post by Dave Keegan
Ouch, mg owned...
Keegan...
Biggest laugh of the week, fuck you're a sad shit.
G'Night.
Ouch, mg angry that he's owned...
Ah no, not quite. The only Spizz owns is a kilt.
Ouch, mg so angry he owned he stopped making sense...

Keegan...
Greig Blanchett
2007-07-15 04:48:16 UTC
Post by Dave Keegan
Post by Master Google
Post by Dave Keegan
Post by Master Google
Post by Dave Keegan
Ouch, mg owned...
Keegan...
Biggest laugh of the week, fuck you're a sad shit.
G'Night.
Ouch, mg angry that he's owned...
Ah no, not quite. The only Spizz owns is a kilt.
Ouch, mg so angry he owned he stopped making sense...
Keegan...
Well then, he must have been angry and owned for several months now if
that's the symptoms.

greig
Master Google
haha... I reckon!
Spizz
2007-07-14 18:52:16 UTC
Post by Dave Keegan
Post by Spizz
Post by Master Google
Post by Spizz
Spizz
Oh it's Spizz, a Scottish blow-in, please retract my earlier comments, I
shouldn't have bothered!!
Don't kid yourself big guy, your head is so far up your arse you just can't
help replying. Anyway, blow-in? I know this is as close to real life as you
can get due to your lack of friends and social skills, but I've been
reading and occasionally posting to this board for a good few years now. You
wouldn't have noticed, I generally talk about rugby.
Spizz
--
Ouch, mg owned...
It's not hard though, is it?

Spizz
Master Google
2007-07-14 19:01:18 UTC
Post by Spizz
Post by Dave Keegan
Ouch, mg owned...
It's not hard though, is it?
Hard? You and Bogan should have a beer, you're both soft.
Brad Anton
2007-07-14 23:00:27 UTC
Post by Spizz
Post by Brad Anton
<long-winded diatribe snipped>
Well done All Blacks, thrashed the Springboks 33-6, they couldn't even
contrive a single try.
Brad
You should try reading the 'diatribe' next time. You've just agreed with
him.
Spizz
hehe, good point - too pissed and tired at the time!
Brad
Master Google
2007-07-14 14:23:41 UTC
Post by Dirk
[...]
Christ almighty! For a South African you sure have a strong and willing
opinion of the All Blacks. Next time sleep on it, softcock.

File, Save as.
Ben L
2007-07-14 17:23:30 UTC
On 14 Jul, 11:48, Dirk <***@aol.com> wrote:
<snip>
Post by Dirk
6. The Bok A-team wouldn't have done much better - their backline is
just as devoid of flair - so it would have been 10 points instead of
27 - but it is basically the same team with Burger, Matfield and
Habana giving them a little more push - but nothing makes up for the
lack of use of good ball - and the A and B teams have the same
shortcomings
I disagree. The Bok A-team could easily have shown up the All Blacks
on the basis of this performance, even with their (the Boks) lack of
penetration.
Post by Dirk
7. So nothing has changed pre-WC: ABs shaky despite their overwhelming
talent and superiority - they should have put 50+ points on this Bok
team and they know it. Aus will push them. Count on it. BBs bereft of
a 10 year old's nous and creativity.
I disagree here too: the All Blacks should be firing on all cylinders,
fitter, more cohesive and more penetrative. So far they just look
fitter. I think JohnO has said elsewhere this was a better performance
than last week, but it didn't look like it to me.

Perhaps more seasoned All Blacks watchers can explain why a backline
with so much talent looks so less cohesive than it did last year. Only
Muliaina looks to be on the same form. And either the forwards are
keeping their powder dry or something has changed because the
maneating performances of 2005 and 2006 haven't appeared yet.

I still think they are the team to beat, not least because the
opposition isn't much cop, but I'd be far more worried about the All
Black team of 2 years ago than this one.
Master Google
2007-07-14 18:49:46 UTC
Post by Ben L
<snip>
Post by Dirk
7. So nothing has changed pre-WC: ABs shaky despite their overwhelming
talent and superiority - they should have put 50+ points on this Bok
team and they know it. Aus will push them. Count on it. BBs bereft of
a 10 year old's nous and creativity.
I disagree here too: the All Blacks should be firing on all cylinders,
fitter, more cohesive and more penetrative. So far they just look
fitter. I think JohnO has said elsewhere this was a better performance
than last week, but it didn't look like it to me.
Take those Rose coloured glasses off, or at least stop looking at Big Ben,
lol.
Post by Ben L
Perhaps more seasoned All Blacks watchers can explain why a backline
with so much talent looks so less cohesive than it did last year. Only
Muliaina looks to be on the same form. And either the forwards are
keeping their powder dry or something has changed because the
maneating performances of 2005 and 2006 haven't appeared yet.
I still think they are the team to beat, not least because the
opposition isn't much cop, but I'd be far more worried about the All
Black team of 2 years ago than this one.
Have to agree, they're playing shit-house atmo, yet they'll still take 3N
and the Bled, funny that?

Maybe they peaked too late, lol
Ben L
2007-07-14 20:36:59 UTC
On 14 Jul, 19:49, "Master Google" <***@home.ok> wrote:
<snip>

mg, or whatever you're calling yourself these days, you're still
pointless.

Even half decent trolls have something to say.
Master Google
2007-07-15 01:11:14 UTC
Post by Ben L
<snip>
mg, or whatever you're calling yourself these days, you're still
pointless.
Care factor zero, honestly.
Post by Ben L
Even half decent trolls have something to say.
Oh noes, how cutting, lol. You and I have very different views of the
internet.
Dirk
2007-07-14 17:42:54 UTC
I disagree. The Bok A-team could easily have >shown up the All Blacks
on the basis of this performance, even with >their (the Boks) lack of
penetration
Where? How? Even with perfect ball the backline of the A team looked
bereft, flat, sterile and clueless. Name me one move in the A Team's 2
displays that shows otherwise. 2 drop goals by Frans was the only
saviour. Look at 1st phase ball distribution and running of the Aus
and ABs and the A team and tell me I'm full of it. I'll re-look at the
videos. Just tell me which passage of play. So we can pick up and
drive with Schalk and get faster ball with Matfield. So what? What do
the A team backs do with good clean ball? Fuckall. de Villiers against
England B? I would love to be wrong, but you know I'm not. But White
is too dumb to acknowledge it and the backline coach is a total
mediocrity.
Ben L
2007-07-14 20:50:42 UTC
Post by Dirk
[...]
By not collapsing in the final quarter. By kicking the goals that went
wide today. By pressurising the All Black midfield. By forcing field
position and kicking drop goals. By using the fback row as battering
rams to expose McCaw. By targeting the All Black line out. By not
reversing a penalty in front of their posts. By not playing
Wannenburg.

One can't go through a hypothetical game, obviously, but up to the
final 20 minutes in today's game was in the balance. With the Bok A
team, the last 5 minutes were in the balance. IMHO, this was a worse
All Blacks performance than the one in Durban, despite the scoreline.

None of this means the first choice Boks would have won, of course,
but despite your disillusionment with the Boks, do you genuinely think
that the All Blacks this 3N aren't there for the taking?