What is up with this Ballymore crowd?
Myk Cameron
2005-02-26 11:03:34 UTC
It sounds like they are cheering *against* the Reds ???

At least, there was a lot of noise when the Hurricanes went close, and
Huxley got booed on the last penalty miss.

Myk
Rodger Donaldson
2005-02-26 22:16:22 UTC
Post by Myk Cameron
It sounds like they are cheering *against* the Reds ???
There are about a million Kiwis living abroad.Ask any Australian to
find out most of them are in Queensland or Seedney. We've taken over
their dole, their jobs, and now their stadiums.
Rodger Donaldson ***@diaspora.gen.nz
g***@gmail.com
2005-02-27 04:22:15 UTC
about a million Kiwis living abroad.Ask any Australian to
find out most of them are in Queensland or Seedney. We've taken over
their dole, their jobs, and now their stadiums.

You forgot about their women
grumpy
Will S
sheep yes women no
Rick Boyd
2005-02-27 07:10:30 UTC
Post by Will S
Post by Rodger Donaldson
about a million Kiwis living abroad.Ask any Australian to
find out most of them are in Queensland or Seedney. We've taken over
their dole, their jobs, and now their stadiums.
You forgot about their women
grumpy
sheep yes women no
I'm sorry but I really take exception to this continuing racist slur.
The idea that any Kiwi would find one of those dirty, under-nourished,
dusty, flyblown Australian ewes attractive is a low, filthy slander and
should be reported under racial vilication laws immediately.

Yes, all right, if there's no white, plump, fluffy New Zealand ewes
available, Australian women will do at a pinch, but that's not the point.

-- rick boyd
Myk Cameron
2005-02-27 05:13:47 UTC
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:16:22 +1300, Rodger Donaldson
Post by Rodger Donaldson
Post by Myk Cameron
It sounds like they are cheering *against* the Reds ???
There are about a million Kiwis living abroad.Ask any Australian to
find out most of them are in Queensland or Seedney. We've taken over
their dole, their jobs, and now their stadiums.
:-)

The point stands if Reds supporters were outnumbered in their own
stadium. Don't Queenslanders support their team? Even the Blues get at
least some supporters at home games!

Myk
JD
2005-02-27 11:24:03 UTC
Post by Rodger Donaldson
Post by Myk Cameron
It sounds like they are cheering *against* the Reds ???
There are about a million Kiwis living abroad.Ask any Australian to
find out most of them are in Queensland or Seedney. We've taken over
their dole, their jobs, and now their stadiums.
:-)
The point stands if Reds supporters were outnumbered in their own
stadium. Don't Queenslanders support their team?
Yes and no. Going to Ballymore is more of a social observance. The
importance here of what school (private) you attended in a social
situation is astonishing. Go to a private school? Have to go to the
rugby to be seen and get obnoxiously drunk on bundy rum loudly
proclaiming about how much better you were at school than the fuckwit on
the field. A town full of rank under achievers still living vicariously
through the myth of their school tie. Because of the vast number of
immigrants to the Sunshine State, and the relative cheapness of airfares
across the ditch, it is not unusual to have a large number of kiwis and
lately South Africans at the game. They are the knowledgeable ones. In
fact, Queensland fans are second only to Brumbies in their complete
ignorance of the Laws and spirit of the game.
--
"At least we went out and played in that first half. And what have
France done? They've won with kicks from the 10-metre line. It's
bitterly frustrating." - Andy Robinson
ET
2005-02-27 21:20:00 UTC
Myk, I remember commenting on this about 3 or 4 years ago in a
Reds/Hurricanes match at Ballymore. On that night there was clearly more
cheering anytime the Hurricanes did something positive and very loud
jeering anytime the Reds had a shot on goal.
Obviously there arent too many locals interested in the Reds.

see ya
ET
Sleepy
2005-03-04 05:45:34 UTC
Post by ET
Myk, I remember commenting on this about 3 or 4 years ago in a
Reds/Hurricanes match at Ballymore. On that night there was clearly more
cheering anytime the Hurricanes did something positive and very loud
jeering anytime the Reds had a shot on goal.
Obviously there arent too many locals interested in the Reds.
Well I was there. And to be honest there wasn't a hell of a lot to cheer
about for the Reds once the turnovers became as frequent as tackles and
Huxley could't hit the barn door.

The problem with filthy cheating kiwis :) is that there seems to be droves
of of them in QLD. I remeber more people cheering for the All Blacks at the
last Bledisloe match in brisbane in 1996? or 97 than the Wallabies.

In fact I just checked the 2001 census details and we have more than double
the percentage (3.6%) as opposed to 1.7% in NSW of people who were born in
NZ. So I think what can be conclusively drawn from those stats is that
there are more sheep in QLD. :)
Lndsay
2005-03-05 21:13:03 UTC
Post by Sleepy
Post by ET
[...]
You buggers keep coming over, marrying them and taking them home!