Dusautoir IRB player of the year
Uncle Bully
2011-10-24 11:15:18 UTC
Is that a sympathy vote?

While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Frenchy
2011-10-24 11:18:37 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
Make that compensation. Out of curiosity, who would have had your
vote ?
JD
2011-10-24 11:28:22 UTC
Post by Frenchy
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
Make that compensation. Out of curiosity, who would have had your
vote ?
I'd have given mine to Kaino - he's been the stand out All Black since
the EOYT but was slightly muted in the final and missed a test (or
two?), whereas Dusautoir was immense in the final so I don't begrudge
him the honour. He's an unbelievable player and a worthy winner.
mg
2011-10-24 11:42:10 UTC
Post by Frenchy
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
Make that compensation. Out of curiosity, who would have had your
vote ?
I would have voted for Jerome Kaino myself. Having said that I've not
seen a 6N game in years. I'd never heard of or seen this bloke since
his loser speech vs Tonga.
Uncle Bully
2011-10-24 12:00:35 UTC
Post by Frenchy
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
Make that compensation. Out of curiosity, who would have had your
vote ?
Out of the nominees, Kaino.
But overall for me McCaw is still the best. He came up against some
criticism this year for being shaded by the likes of Pocock, Brussow and
even Dusautoir, but end up sending them all home. He may not have won every
battle, but certainly won the war. And at the end of the day that is what
counts the most.
Matua
Fuck oath!!! I'm of the same opinion!
Andrew Dunford
2011-10-24 11:20:40 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being
shit and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting
to the top and maintaining it.
Good luck to him. He was a tower of strength for France in a year in which
no individual player stood out from the field.

Your comments above seem to be analysing France and match results rather
than Dusautoir the player.

<snip>

Andrew
Uncle Bully
2011-10-24 11:49:54 UTC
Post by Andrew Dunford
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that
being shit and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight
than getting to the top and maintaining it.
Good luck to him. He was a tower of strength for France in a year in
which no individual player stood out from the field.
Your comments above seem to be analysing France and match results
rather than Dusautoir the player.
I admit I don't watch much NH stuff, but the first NZ game he wasn't very
visible. Against Tonga the whole team went missing.
Even the Wales games was weak. Even then I still think he's "pretty good",
but sometimes think these awards get spread around for the sake of it. McCaw
has acheived far more this year and didn't even get a nomination. Watching
him on all fours spitting blood and looking like a man about to die, he
somehow got back up and led his team through the toughest 5 minutes of his
life, and held on for one of the biggest wins in NZ sporting history.
Sir Leslie Bottocks
spoken like a true fanboi
Andrew Dunford
2011-10-24 23:11:12 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by Andrew Dunford
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
At the time of the nominations McCaw hadn't made much of an impact in 2011.

Andrew
RVG
2011-10-24 12:43:54 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Indeed I would have loved to see Mr Craig Joubert receive this award
instead. Best AB player ever !
--
"Je ne crois que les histoires dont les témoins se feraient égorger."
Blaise Pascal

http://rvgmusic.bandcamp.com/
http://www.jamendo.com/fr/user/RVG95
http://bluedusk.blogspot.com/
Uncle Dave
2011-10-24 12:46:45 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Um, the clue is in the title. Player of the YEAR. Y - E - A - R.
Year. Ye-arrr. Geddit now?

UD
Brent Hadley
2011-10-24 12:56:43 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Um, the clue is in the title.  Player of the YEAR.  Y - E - A - R.
Year.  Ye-arrr.  Geddit now?
I don't begrudge this to Dusautoir at all - I predicted it a few hours
ago! But I am trying to remember how well he played during the 6N.
Presumably pretty well if he was the only NH player nominated?

Cheers

Brent
Uncle Dave
2011-10-24 13:05:49 UTC
Post by Brent Hadley
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Um, the clue is in the title.  Player of the YEAR.  Y - E - A - R.
Year.  Ye-arrr.  Geddit now?
I don't begrudge this to Dusautoir at all - I predicted it a few hours
ago!  But I am trying to remember how well he played during the 6N.
Presumably pretty well if he was the only NH player nominated?
I think there may be something in what somebody said about there not
being a single standout player this year. I think if an AB had stood
out in the way that McCaw did the previous two years then it would
have stayed in NZ. There wasn't anybody though, leastwise not from
where I'm sitting, so as to what made those who voted decide on
Dusautoir is something of a mystery to me too. How he played in the
6N? Can't recall, though he has very quickly become to France what
McCaw is to NZ...

UD
Bolix
2011-10-24 14:06:35 UTC
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Brent Hadley
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Sympathy vote

Kaino was a fucking pillar.

Even Nonu was more deserving than Dussatoir.

He had a great game on Sunday but does that make him world player of the
year?

Sympathy

Bolix
Uncle Dave
2011-10-24 14:18:47 UTC
Post by Bolix
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Brent Hadley
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Why? And no, "fucking pillar" isn't enough - every team can point to
one of those...

UD
Greig Blanchett
2011-10-24 19:14:36 UTC
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 07:18:47 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Dave
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Bolix
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Brent Hadley
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Just as a matter of interest, who was England's pillar?
greig
Uncle Dave
2011-10-24 21:08:49 UTC
Post by Bolix
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Brent Hadley
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Alright alright, almost every team...

UD
Greig Blanchett
2011-10-24 19:13:56 UTC
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 05:46:45 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Dave
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Um, the clue is in the title. Player of the YEAR. Y - E - A - R.
Year. Ye-arrr. Geddit now?
UD
It says Year but there's a huge weighting towards performances in the
RWC.
greig
Uncle Dave
2011-10-24 21:16:22 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Um, the clue is in the title.  Player of the YEAR.  Y - E - A - R.
Year.  Ye-arrr.  Geddit now?
UD
It says Year but there's a huge weighting towards performances in the
RWC.
Could be coincidence. When was the voting done? I doubt it would be
the same day as the Final or the day after. I don't know. Do you?
TBH, I don't care much either...

UD
Andrew Dunford
2011-10-24 23:15:30 UTC
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Um, the clue is in the title. Player of the YEAR. Y - E - A - R.
Year. Ye-arrr. Geddit now?
UD
It says Year but there's a huge weighting towards performances in the
RWC.
Could be coincidence. When was the voting done? I doubt it would be
the same day as the Final or the day after. I don't know. Do you?
TBH, I don't care much either...
You're right that it really doesn't matter but John Eales who was chairing
the award panel said that in RWC year performances at the World Cup carried
the majority of the weighting, and that this weighting got stronger through
the knockout stages.

I guess that means they had a voting formula but if that's the case you'd
think there wouldn't be nominations announced in advance of the award i.e.
presumably a huge performance in the final could bring a player into
contention ahead of nominated players who didn't appear in the final e.g.
Genia, Pocock.

Andrew
Uncle Dave
2011-10-25 08:12:30 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
I haven't noticed any ABs standing out this year - and I've watched
quite a few games including the 3N. Dagg made an impact and headlines,
but I think it's a mark of how good this team is that nobody stood out
in the way that McCaw did in the previous years. They don't need
anybody to stand out because they are doing the business as a team. I'd
say that goes for the last four champions at least - too good in all
areas to pick any one person.

UD
Bolix
2011-10-25 12:03:48 UTC
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Kaino was a fucking Pillar UD - had Weepu not fly hacked the ball into
the arms of the offside frog that was kicked ahead by the other offside
frog and Dusatoir had not scored and weepu got his kicks it would have
been 13 - 0 and we would have gone away with it.

Bolix

Dagg is flaky on the tackle - prone to injury - a bit gun shy.
Andrew Dunford
2011-10-25 20:35:51 UTC
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Brilliant irony - love it!

I take it you realise New Zealand led 13-0 in the Cardiff quarter final in
2007?

Andrew

Andrew Dunford
2011-10-25 20:28:58 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Another factor is that the system of voting (awarding points per match)
means that players in a strong team can cancel one another out, leaving room
for a stand-out performer in a weaker team to garner more points towards the
award.

And I agree with you - strong team effort, fewer obvious stars than at some
times in the past. Although it probably sounds silly, this was not the
strongest All Black team of recent years and aside from winning the World
Cup didn't actually have a vintage year.

Andrew
Richard Bridgman
2011-10-24 14:52:19 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???

What'd he do exactly? Lose to NZ, lose to Tonga, beat England
(whoop-di-fuckin-do) jag one against Wales, lose to NZ again? Weird.
Richard Bridgman
Simon S-B
Captain the least harmonious side ever.
mike
2011-10-24 17:10:25 UTC
Post by Simon S-B
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
What'd he do exactly? Lose to NZ, lose to Tonga, beat England
(whoop-di-fuckin-do) jag one against Wales, lose to NZ again? Weird.
Captain the least harmonious side ever.
A trickier job than holding together a well behaved winning team.

Anyone can be captain when the going is good, Dusautoir has had to work
as a player and captain!

Mike
Greig Blanchett
2011-10-24 19:16:46 UTC
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:10:25 +0100, mike
Post by mike
Post by Simon S-B
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
What'd he do exactly? Lose to NZ, lose to Tonga, beat England
(whoop-di-fuckin-do) jag one against Wales, lose to NZ again? Weird.
Captain the least harmonious side ever.
A trickier job than holding together a well behaved winning team.
Rubbish. A good captain does not have a team that does what they
bloody well like. If the team respects the captain, they become
extensions of his will. France were about as dysfunctional as England.
greig
ruggeryoda
2011-10-24 20:09:11 UTC
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.

-R
JohnO
2011-10-24 20:44:16 UTC
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.
Is that the sort of thing we like to reward?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10761510
-R
Uncle Dave
2011-10-24 21:21:21 UTC
Post by JohnO
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.
Is that the sort of thing we like to reward?
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10761510
Let me get this straight. Some commentator, most of whom miss a lot
of what goes on and misidentify players all the time when they're
standing up let alone in a ruck, says "something happened" and,
despite there having been no complaints, no citing, no nothing except
some fucking commentator saying something is news in New Zealand.
Jeez, I've heard of bad news days but that's ridiculous. And you
expect that to be taken seriously do you?

UD
JohnO
2011-10-24 23:06:06 UTC
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by JohnO
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
I'm not calling it one way or the other. However I can tell you one
thing: you won't get any whining from the players because those guys
don't whine to the media.

This story is based on scuttlebutt and I didn't see anything specific
myself. However the commentator (Quinn) has been around for decades and
this sort of accusation is not something he has a habit of making. Some
Pom defence coach associated with the team pretty much announced before
the match that McCaw was going to be targeted for filth. The frogs have
a reputation for filth.

So I would say any such claims are not out of the question.
JohnO
2011-10-24 23:46:48 UTC
Post by JohnO
Post by JohnO
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Can't see any gouge here - just a kick in the back and a knee to the
head. For some reason he gets up blinking and rubbing his eye.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup/news/video.cfm?c_id=1503158&gal_cid=1503158&gallery_id=122388
Aidan H
2011-10-24 23:17:50 UTC
The full match can be viewed at rugbyworlcup.com at the 76m mark. McCaw
is on the wrong side of the ruck, Rougerie tries to pull him out, unsuccessfully,
but gets him on the second go. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say the raking
occurred in the that first attempt to extract him.

Not malicious IMO.
Uncle Bully
Yet still got up and led his team to victory. What a fucking champion.
ruggeryoda
2011-10-24 21:16:01 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that
being shit and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight
than getting to the top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a
reformed junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing
heroin in the first place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.
Yet still got up and led his team to victory. What a fucking champion.
It's not a leadership award. 'Tis why it's called called 'Player of
the Year' and not 'Captain of the Year'.

On the biggest stage in World Rugby, with everyone amped to the
rafters, this French fella outplayed McCaw thoroughly. One day in the
future, after the endorphins have left your system you'll watch it
again and realise it. If anybody challenged Dusautoir it would've been
Dagg, in fact in my mind it was 50/50 between those two, but certainly
not McCaw.

-R
Uncle Dave
2011-10-24 21:34:40 UTC
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
I agree. McCaw seemed unusually quiet to me. Dusautoir really made a
difference and Dagg was the only AB who looked like his usual self,
certainly the only one to show any creativity or the attacking spirit
that characterises the ABs' more usual style. For the rest, McCaw
included, it was head down, up the jumper and straight ahead. Nonu
might as well have not bothered turning up - they had his number
nailed down the full eighty minutes.

UD
Richard Bridgman
2011-10-24 22:36:22 UTC
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
As you helpfully pointed out it's player of the *year*, not man of the
match. So I ask again...what did he do?
Richard Bridgman
JohnO
2011-10-24 23:16:41 UTC
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that
being shit and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight
than getting to the top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a
reformed junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing
heroin in the first place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.
Yet still got up and led his team to victory. What a fucking champion.
It's not a leadership award. 'Tis why it's called called 'Player of
the Year' and not 'Captain of the Year'.
On the biggest stage in World Rugby, with everyone amped to the
rafters, this French fella outplayed McCaw thoroughly.
But it is Player of the Year, not Player of the Match that Dusatoir
deservedly won.
-R
Uncle Bully
2011-10-25 08:03:35 UTC
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Watched it 3 times now and the more I watch it the more I see Richie's
influence at disrupting the French, especially at key times.
At the 76th the minute France had 15 phases slowly advancing into penalty or
drop goal territory. They were on track to take the game at that point,
when they break to the left a little bit too far from support Richie pounces
in and forces the knock-on, with Dusatior nowhere to be seen (actually he
rolls up later to put the boot in - which I have no problem with BTW).

We are talking player of the year here, and apart from one match in
Brisbane, McCaw can't really be faulted this year. Dusautoir had several
shit games, and IMO one good game at the end doesn't make up for that. If
anything Harinordoquy acheived more than him. France's backbone immediately
improved once he started getting picked.
Klitty
2011-10-25 13:32:10 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Fuck the PC bollox : if McCaw wasnt player of the year then balls to the
whole thing. They gave it to the Frenchie as a pacifier. Dusatoir did
sweet FA most of the year and least of all the RWC where his team lost 3
times. No way in a million did he stand up and above many others through
out the year - and no I dont particularly count club rugby since its not
playing at the top level. To win that you need to be up there at the top
: McCaw was and he wasnt - simple as.
Uncle Dave
2011-10-24 21:28:29 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that
being shit and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight
than getting to the top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a
reformed junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing
heroin in the first place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.
Yet still got up and led his team to victory. What a fucking champion.
He's not just a champion, he's the best player ever. In any sport
that ever there was including mammoth baiting or whatever they used to
do to pass the time in neolithic times.

It's my belief that Richie McCaw should be cryogenically frozen right
now in order that future generations will be able to clone him and
make legions of Richie McCaws with that sticky uppy hair, that jutting
jawline and cheeky grin to gladden their hearts and lead them to
glory. But wait! Maybe he really is the Son of God as many seem to
believe. We should take that blood and snot and keep it safe and
bring it out on holy days and worship it and remember when Richie (all
hail his name!) did what no other man had ever done before and lead
his team to victory in the Rugby World Cup final. Halle-lu-jah Halle-
lu-jah Hal-le-lu-jah ad fucking nauseum.

UD

P.S. Best not mention "drop goal" in his presence so as not to incur
his wrath eh?

P.P.S. Fuck a stoat.
Uncle Bully
More English graciousness eh?
Uncle Dave
2011-10-25 08:14:15 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by Uncle Dave
Post by Uncle Bully
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
[...]
Jeez, if there was a world cup for missing the fucking point you'd be a
shoe-in.

UD
Greig Blanchett
2011-10-24 21:09:26 UTC
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:09:11 -0700 (PDT), ruggeryoda
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.
-R
Was that after he'd eye gouged him?

greig
Uncle Dave
2011-10-25 08:15:11 UTC
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.
-R
Was that after he'd eye gouged him?
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10761510
I expected better of you Blancho. Where's the citing?

UD
Greig Blanchett
2011-10-25 08:31:33 UTC
Post by ruggeryoda
Post by Richard Bridgman
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
Doosa-fucking-who???
The guy who had McCaw on all fours spewing blood and snot at the same
time.
-R
Was that after he'd eye gouged him?
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10761510
I expected better of you Blancho. Where's the citing?
UD
Responding in kind to the previous poster. Christ, the day I take
Keith Quinn's word for anything ...

I remember a game way back when Keith was first learning to articulate
Maori and Polynesian names correctly. Somebody got a whack on the leg,
and in his best received Maori, Quinny announces he'd got a Hema Toma.
In any commentary since then, he's just seconds away from
laugh-out-loud silly shit. I'm assuming until someone makes an
official complaint, this is just more of same.
greig
SHUSSBAR
2011-10-25 00:13:48 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being shit
and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting to the
top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the first
place. Which is better?
I would have called him MVP of the Final more than IRB player of the
year you re right
Mr.Will
2011-10-25 11:50:27 UTC
Post by Uncle Bully
Is that a sympathy vote?
While I think he's done a fantastic job post Tonga, it seems that being
shit and turning it around but not quite, carries more weight than getting
to the top and maintaining it.
Reminds me of a Ricky Gervais joke. Everyone congratulates a reformed
junkie, but no-one gets a pat on the back for not doing heroin in the
first place. Which is better?
Well all we heard of here is how awesome Wales were, despite the scraping
victory against Samoa, and the fact they lost to every decent team in the
competition...........

Mr.Will