This used to be a great group
Cynic
2018-11-10 10:26:21 UTC
Why has it been filled with rubbish - can all of us that were on it in the 90's start somewhere else please?
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-11-10 11:05:44 UTC
Post by Cynic
Why has it been filled with rubbish - can all of us that were on it in
the 90's start somewhere else please?
I see no rubbish; just some looney NZ guy.

Let's talk about the Autumn Internationals. Can Wales finally crack the
Curse of the Wallabies?
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
David Kelso
2018-11-12 10:52:24 UTC
Post by Kerr-Mudd,John
I see no rubbish; just some looney NZ guy.
Let's talk about the Autumn Internationals. Can Wales finally crack the
Curse of the Wallabies?
Looks like they did. Couldn't get watching match but I believe it wasn't
a classic!

Caught Ireland v Pumas. Looks like Ireland have a bit of work to do to
be ready for the All Blacks.

Heart went out to Sean O'Brien. Yet another injury. Hope it's not as
serious as it looked.

I sometimes wonder if this is the sort of game I want to watch/follow
where injuries appear to be occurring more & more. I appreciate there
have always been (and always will be) injuries. Maybe it's just the game
is so high profile now we're more aware of them.

Anyway looking forward to the Ireland v ABs @ Lansdowne Rd on Saturday.

David
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-11-12 11:56:40 UTC
Post by David Kelso
Post by Kerr-Mudd,John
I see no rubbish; just some looney NZ guy.
Let's talk about the Autumn Internationals. Can Wales finally crack the
Curse of the Wallabies?
Looks like they did. Couldn't get watching match but I believe it wasn't
a classic!
It was a right slog, with too many errors on both side when in attack;
both defenses looked reasonable. Throw-ins going too far, too much
kicking away, Halfpenny having a wobbly. Just scraped the win.

England seemed to have the measure of the All-Blacks until nearly half-
time when they slogged their way back into it. (No roof at Twickenham!)

Scotland seemed to gain heart with Fiji's defense not being wide enough.
Post by David Kelso
Caught Ireland v Pumas. Looks like Ireland have a bit of work to do to
be ready for the All Blacks.
Maybe I'll view that this evening.
Post by David Kelso
Heart went out to Sean O'Brien. Yet another injury. Hope it's not as
serious as it looked.
I sometimes wonder if this is the sort of game I want to watch/follow
where injuries appear to be occurring more & more. I appreciate there
have always been (and always will be) injuries. Maybe it's just the game
is so high profile now we're more aware of them.
Of course
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Kerr-Mudd,John
2018-11-23 17:23:49 UTC
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 11:56:40 GMT, "Kerr-Mudd,John"
Post by David Kelso
Post by David Kelso
is so high profile now we're more aware of them.
Saturday.
Post by David Kelso
Of course
This weekend's betting?

Ita 8 NZ 53
Sco 30 Arg 35
Wal 23 SA 16
Eng 15 Oz 12 (on penalties: joke)
Ire 35 USA 6
Fra 50 Fij 12
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
John Williams
2018-11-12 19:30:52 UTC
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:52:24 +0000, David Kelso
Post by David Kelso
I sometimes wonder if this is the sort of game I want to watch/follow
where injuries appear to be occurring more & more. I appreciate there
have always been (and always will be) injuries. Maybe it's just the game
is so high profile now we're more aware of them.
Interesting point -- I feel very similar. I saw the injury to Rob
Horne on tv -- less than a minute into the game Leicester v
Northampton last April and an unremarkable tackle led to hideous
injury and paralysis of one arm.

"Horne had damaged his brachial plexus so badly that all five nerves
separated from his spinal cord, leaving him without any feeling in his
right arm and, for a period of time, even worse."

https://tinyurl.com/y737qzhd

(Link to Independent article. The guy is doing brilliantly in
adversity.)

It just added to the concerns I have regarding head injury and
concussion related issues.

Still watching -- but I am much less enthusiastic than I used to be.

Regarding "Cynic"'s initial post -- I believe there is a RSRU Facebook
page people have joined. No good for me -- I don't do Facebook -- it
is the work of Satan.
--
All the best
John Williams
Cynic
2018-11-12 23:04:53 UTC
Post by Cynic
Why has it been filled with rubbish - can all of us that were on it in the 90's start somewhere else please?
Thank you for your input - think I remember you from the old days

After a great few games I am in love with the game again [first time in my life I wished england won] I have been to every RWC and japan was to be my first miss [love the country and have japanese friends]

I know how to handle FB [Instagram and twitter good too]- I will try to find the group

Of course our old ***@d page is still going and without time wasters/trolls - they get carded
Their depression and anxiety thread has saved lives and has become famous.

Anyone know what happened to Nigel Evans?
Cynic
Well RWC finally looks good - no longer will it be my first miss. I wonder cynically if recent AB results is a cunning plan ;-) -
Cynic
2018-11-13 15:56:14 UTC
anyone know how to block the rubbish

and find the old guys facebook page

thanks
David W Noon
2018-11-13 18:19:27 UTC
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 07:56:14 -0800 (PST), in message
Post by Cynic
anyone know how to block the rubbish
If you mean Enoch, that depends on your newsreader. All the better
ones have a killfile in which you can place email addresses used by
idiots. I have Enoch's email address in my killfile so I never see
anything he posts.
Post by Cynic
and find the old guys facebook page
I can't help you there.
- --
Regards,

Dave [RLU #314465]
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
***@spamtrap.ntlworld.com (David W Noon)
Remove spam trap to reply by e-mail.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
John Williams
2018-11-13 21:36:51 UTC
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 18:19:27 +0000, David W Noon
Post by Cynic
anyone know how to block the rubbish
If you mean Enoch, that depends on your newsreader. All the better
ones have a killfile in which you can place email addresses used by
idiots. I have Enoch's email address in my killfile so I never see
anything he posts.
I'm pleased to say I have never seen any posts from someone called
Enoch.

Last I heard, Nigel Evans was (possibly) living in Thailand. He popped
on here a few years ago but left when someone started trolling using
his name.
Post by Cynic
and find the old guys facebook page
According to Didds, six months or so ago:

"RSRU has a Facebook group now. So just search for RSRU, and ask to
join."

Happy hunting!
--
All the best
John Williams
Road_Hog
2018-11-17 16:48:39 UTC
Post by Cynic
Why has it been filled with rubbish - can all of us that were on it in the 90's start somewhere else please?
RSRU Facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158121114679694/?ref=bookmarks
Cynic
2018-11-20 02:04:07 UTC
Post by Road_Hog
Post by Cynic
Why has it been filled with rubbish - can all of us that were on it in the 90's start somewhere else please?
RSRU Facebook link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158121114679694/?ref=bookmarks
Found them thanks. I am using google groups as newsreaders hard to get here.

Is there a way to block rubbish in them please?